City Grill is searching for a dynamic and experienced Sales Manager focused on fostering a creative, team-oriented, positive sales environment. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day sales operation of the sales catering team, including the following:
Overall responsibility for total catering revenue and yield strategies, implementation and results including group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, and meeting room rental. Strategies will include market mix, pricing, status, and direct sales. Accountable to market performance and potential performance as well as budget, forecast, and target goals. Participate in weekly administrative meetings.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize budgeted revenue for the facility.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly sales and operational reports, annual goals, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Recruit, direct, manage, train and counsel sales staff. Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings. Conduct minimum of 10 sales calls or equivalent to per week. Including weekly outside sales call.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain client relationship with follow-up calls, visits, etc., finalizing details close to the event date.
- Effectively communicate to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the client’s needs.
- Monitor contractual agreements pertaining to room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions.
- Contact client on day of event, be there to answer questions, assist with change and provide support.
- Solicits account leads from group meeting/event planners and decision makers for cultivation and development. Development of annual sales plan and strategy to meet and goals.
- Manage and negotiating account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Communicates and plans for operations departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Leads site inspections/tours with customers, entertains and performs outside sales calls to develop leads.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Working knowledge of upscale, full service properties.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the Restaurant, Banquet and hotel.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies
- Initiates and follows up on all lead.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with customers in a friendly and positive manner in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints.
- Ability to input information using a computer system and software.
- Three plus years of successful outside sale
- Self-motivation – able to work effectively independently
- Able to attend networking functions, even on nights and weekends.
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- A “new business” hunter
- A Great Team Player
- Must possess a demonstrated passion to exceed.
- Local market experience and business contacts are highly desirable.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to delegate and handle multiple priorities.
- Exhibit creative problem solving and strategizing.
- Strong negotiation skills and decision making capabilities resourcefulness to conduct independent research and gather information to fully understand your market and strong analytical skills.
Send resume to email@example.com