Restaurant General Manager
City Grill is searching for a dynamic and experienced Restaurant General Manager focused on fostering a creative, team-oriented staff and crafting memorable dining experiences for all guests. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day front of house operations of Restaurant, including the following:
Directs and coordinates all front of house staff in the restaurant and bar to ensure all established service, quality and procedure standards of City Grill are implemented consistently, leading to guest satisfaction and staff satisfaction.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MEANS
- Responsible for the Restaurant Service & Bar operation
- Responsible for guiding all service and bar personnel assigned in the restaurant or bar in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for directing all efforts in the restaurant service and bar to achieve the financial goals of the business
- Responsible for following up the implementation of the Policies and Procedures in operating the restaurant and bar.
- Motivates a strong team within the service personnel in the restaurant.
- Responsible for maintaining operating equipment, sanitation standards and ordering supplies for service and bar.
- Responsible for providing functional assistance to the staff during peak periods of business.
- Responsible for scheduling sufficient manpower to suit volume of business.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and wholesome ambiance in the restaurant, controlling room temperature, ventilation, lighting effects and music.
- Communicates effectively with guests, clients, and other important individuals to ensure satisfaction in service and product.
- Participates and attains membership in association and other community projects related to the hotel and restaurant industry to advance City Grill’s image and for the product and service updates.
- At all times whilst representing the Restaurant & hotel, act in a professional, well-mannered ensuring proper representation.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks and ensures the timely submission of the Daily bar inventory and par report, against restaurant or bar sales report at the end of each shift.
- Conducts daily briefing and de-briefing and monthly meeting for all Front of House service staff.
- Executes the business plan and marketing plan.
- Recommends corrective actions for unfavorable variances in budget commitments.
- Prepares effective duty roster to ensure sufficiency of manpower in accordance to volume of business.
- Establishes two way communications with related departments like Banquet, Kitchen, and sales.
- Communicates effectively with guests, subordinates, immediate superior and other section heads.
- Prepares daily cover count and revenue report for the restaurant.
- Attends daily, weekly F& B Meeting and all other training sessions and meetings required for the position.
- Manages time effectively, by meeting deadlines on time.
- Administers personnel action, on leaves, overtime requests, disciplinary actions and commendation.
- Identifies and solves problems in a professional manner.
- Attends and solves guest complains in the restaurant
- Assists the F&B Manager in conducting month end inventory of beverage supplies, operating supplies and operating equipment.
- Reports and controls breakage and losses in restaurant
- Recommends promotions to increase revenue.
Directs and supervises the activities of the Asst. Manager, Lead servers, servers, hostess, bartenders, and bus boys/girls in the restaurant.
Coordinates with other department heads and Kitchen section heads for reservations, special menus and other activities in the Hotel & Restaurant.
Send Resume to gm@CityGrillBistro.com